Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: 'Unable to View Properties' When Placing DAQ Assistant in Block Diagram

When placing the DAQ Assistant, it shows 'unable to view properties.' .

The low-level DAQ functions work fine. What do you think could be the cause?

My environment

-Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

-LabVIEW 2024Q1.

-ni-daqmx 2024Q1

and as options, ni-daqmx-cdaq-firmware, ni-daqmx-labview-support and ni-daqmx-labview-2021-support.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(89 Views)

Hi @tetora27, I'm not sure if this is the reason you are seeing what you're seeing, but I'm not sure that you have the correct LabVIEW support package.

Check out this page: https://www.ni.com/docs/en-US/bundle/ni-platform-on-linux-desktop/page/supported-drivers-for-linux-d...

You can see the listed optional packages for DAQmx there, and there are a couple options for the LabVIEW support package for DAQmx. One of them is version-specific (looks like you used the version-specific one for LV2021) and one is version-agnostic. Bottom of that page describes differences in those package types, but long-story-short, you should only use the version-specific one if you are using that specific version of LabVIEW. For the most part, all the recent LV versions and driver versions are able to use the version-agnostic LV-support packages. In the case of DAQmx, that package is 

ni-daqmx-labview-supportlib

I don't think it should hurt anything to have both LV support packages installed. But if you don't have the version-agnostic one installed and you're using LV2024, that would likely create issues with palettes and other editor issues.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(53 Views)