Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help on hardware configuration

I'm trying to configure a NI-ENET 484 (4 serial port) with NI-VISA 5.0. Though the VISA installation on Opensuse 11.2 is not easy, I think it works now. I tested with USB-6009 device and it works.

I read the ENET manual for the linux part but I've got problems. Visa Configuration starts, I tried to select the interface NI-ENET Serial box, I push Browse, but nothing is shown. I put in the field "Hostname or IP address" the default name on the label, i.e. NIENET but NIVISA seems unable to find the instrument.

I connected the pc (ASUS netbook) to a switch (Sitecom Model ln112V2) and the NIENET to the switch.I have also the LAN coming from the provider to the switch. I use all Ethernet cables (not cross). I saw the each time I connect something to the switch I get from the provider a progressive IP number such as  2.0.45.59, 2.0.45.60 etc. So I suppose that NIENET gets a number like this, but I'm wrong. I also tried to use a router (USRobotics USR5464) instead of the switch and I configured in order to get a automatic HDN such as 192.168.2.1 / 198.168.2.2 etc. but also in this case any number seems to be assigned to the NIENET.

On the ENET the leds PWR/RDY and Link 10/100 are yellow and green and they don't blink. So ENET should be connected with some misterious IP address.

It seems that ENET is undetected by any software. Even the configuration software of the router that shows all the clients when they are connected, isn't aware of the ENET connection.

Can someone help me ? Thanks in advance for your advices.

gianmarco

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,325 Views)

Hi gianmarco,

I'd suggest you post this question to our Discussion Forums. These forums are actively monitored by NI Applications Engineers and other NI employees, so you'll probably get a quicker response there than you would here.

Justin E
National Instruments R&D
Message 2 of 2
(2,655 Views)