Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More DAQmx on Scientific Linux 6.3

I've been following along, installing LabView 2012 on a box with a newly-installed copy of Scientific Linux 6.3 (the 32 bit version)

I don't have a network connection on this box, which makes the installation just that more painful, but I've managed to get LabVIEW 2012 and DAQmx installed. My problem is that I'm not seeing anything when I do the "nilsdev" command.

I can grep for the kernel modules and they seem to appear but when I run nilsdev I get one blank line and then the system prompt.

This same system worked fine under a very old version of SuSE (10.3, I think) but with this newer distro I'n not getting anywhere.

I used to routinely compile a new kernel with SuSE, but with CentOS the hoops you have to jump through to accomplish this make it much more difficult. 

Any advice would be appreciated!

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,174 Views)

Can you please run "niSystemReport", it should be in your path. If not, look under /usr/local/natinst/nikal/

Then post the log here?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,615 Views)

I ran niSystemReport and saved it as a text file which is 4.2 MB long. Do you want the whole thing or is there a specific part that I should excerpt?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,615 Views)

Ok, that was dumb. I should have thought to gzip it first. Now it is about 840K so I've attached it to this message.

thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,615 Views)

Is that after you ran nilsdev ? And what device are you looking for ? PCI or USB ?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,615 Views)

There are two PCI cards installed in the system, a PCI-6123 and a PCI-6221 connected to an SC-2345. There is also a GPIB-USB-HS so I can talk to my frequency generator and oscilliscope, but I've never dealt with it in daqmxconfig.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,615 Views)

From the log:

nidaqmx_NISS9x 0000:05:01.0: PCI INT A -> GSI 24 (level, low) -> IRQ 24

nidaqmx_NISS9x 0000:05:01.0: setting latency timer to 64

nidaqmx_NIXS9x 0000:07:02.0: PCI INT A -> GSI 16 (level, low) -> IRQ 16

looks like at least in the kernel, the drivers for the PCI device is loaded correctly. Also from the report, lspci dump shows that the PCI devices are correctly assigned to those 2 drivers.

I don't know why nilsdev won't show you those devices.. Have you search the forum for nilsdev ?

There is a helpful post by mariogiov: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-22110

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,615 Views)