Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-DAQmx 22.5 RHEL 8.7 - PCIe-6321 not recognized

Solved!
Go to solution

Trying to get a PCIe-6321 working in Linux Redhat 8.7 with LabVIEW 2019 and DAQmx 22.5.

nidaqmxconfig --export does not show the card.

When I ran

rpm -qa | grep -i daqmx 

between this system running on a rack mount PC vs my RHEL9 PXIe based system, one of the differences we noted on the installed packages was 

PXI running LV 2022 and DAQmx 22.5:

libnidaqmx-22.5.0.49254-0+f102.x86_64
libnidaqmx-labview-22.5.0.49255-0+f103.x86_64

Rack mount PC with LabVIEW 2019 and DAQmx 22.5:

libnidaqmx-22.5.0.49254-0+f102.x86_64
libnidaqmx-labview-19.1.0.49154-0+f2.x86_64

We're unsure what the libnidaqmx-labview package does, and if it should match the LabVIEW version or the DAQmx version.  It seems plausible it should match the LabVIEW version.

Other than this we're at a loss as to understand why the PCIe-6321 is not being detected in the system in Linux using any of the tools.  I.e. lsni -v does not show the card.  nidaqmxconfig --export does not show the card.  lspci -v does not show the board.

Anything else we might check??

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
Senior Systems Analyst II
NASA Ames Research Center
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(867 Views)

@RVallieu wrote:

lspci -v does not show the board.

That's very strange.  Have you tried this board in other PCs or in other PCIe slots of this PC?  Have you tried lspci with the board present but with absolutely no NI software installed?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(827 Views)

It's not my system - but I will pass on the idea to try another PCIe slot.

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(822 Views)

@RVallieu wrote:

It's not my system - but I will pass on the idea to try another PCIe slot.

Thanks.  If the PCIe bus recognizes the device at all I'd expect to see it in lspci output. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(814 Views)

Yeah - we grabbed a generic PCIe Ethernet card and put it in the chassis as well just to verify the 2nd and 3rd PCIe risers would recognize another card and it wasn't just an issue with the NI card.  The system didn't recognize that card either.

We have some digging through the Dell 7920 manual to do it seems.  Only the first riser of 3 seems to be recognizing cards.

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(777 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RVallieu

The issue was that not all slots are available to a single CPU 7920 system.  Only slots 1, 2, 3 and 6 are available to CPU1 in a 7920.  6 unfortunately is only half-height, half-length compatible.  Luckily we had slot 2 open on Riser 1.   System recognizes the card!

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(770 Views)