Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pb: NI-DAQmx 3.6 Base on Fedora 18 with kernel 3.6 or 3.7

I am trying to install NI-DAQmx Base 3.6.0-f0 on Fedora 18 i386.

I can switch beween kernel 3.6 or kernel3.7.

RPM complains about conflicts bewteen packages.

Here are the details:

The main installer failed so I tried to run first the NI-VISA installer in the ./nivisa subdirectory.

I got this message:

*************************************************************************************

Pre Installation .
Post Installation .
Pre Installation ..................................
Préparation...                       ################################# [100%]
    le fichier /usr/local/natinst entre en conflit avec les tentatives d'installation de nipxipfki-1.5.1-f0.i386 et nimxdfi-1.12.0-f0.i386
    le fichier /usr/local/natinst entre en conflit avec les tentatives d'installation de nispyi-2.8.0-f0.i386 et nipxipfki-1.5.1-f0.i386
    le fichier /usr/local/natinst entre en conflit avec les tentatives d'installation de nipxipfi-1.5.1-f0.i386 et niapalerri-2.1.1-f0.i386
    le fichier /usr/local/natinst entre en conflit avec les tentatives d'installation de niiotracei-3.0.1-f0.i386 et nipxirmi-2.7.3-f0.i386
Error installing NI-VISA for Linux 5.2.0f0.

*************************************************************************************

I looked into these packages with the command "rpm -qilp --scripts" and it seems to me that nimxdfi created the /usr/local/natinst directory to copy some files and then nipxipfki wants to (create ?) access this directory and cannot. Same for the other errors.

So I added the --force option in the script and it was OK.

I used the same (odd) trick in the main installer.

So nidaqmx was finally installed.

Unfortunately the updatenidriver commande gave an error (see attached file for full report):

/usr/local/natinst/nikal/src/nikal make:

CC   /usr/local/natinst/nikal/src/nikal/nikal.o

/usr/local/natinst/nikal/src/nikal/nikal.c: In function ‘nNIKAL100_mmap’:

/usr/local/natinst/nikal/src/nikal/nikal.c:1993:24: erreur: ‘VM_RESERVED’ undeclared (first use in this function)

/usr/local/natinst/nikal/src/nikal/nikal.c: In function ‘nNIKAL190_vmaPageFaultHandler’:

/usr/local/natinst/nikal/src/nikal/nikal.c:2148:11: erreur: ‘VM_CAN_NONLINEAR’ undeclared (first use in this function)

It googled and found that Linux Kernel versions >= 3.5 are not compatible anymore with theses VM_* features and do_mmap.

Here is what I found:

VM_RESERVED and VM_CAN_NONLINEAR both need to be replaced by VM_IO

do_mmap() has to be replaced by vm_mmap()

do_munmap() has to be replaced by vm_unmap(addr, len) with 2 arrguments.

So finally nikal.ko module can be compiled with these changes and succesfully loaded.

About the other modules, there is no error reported when compiling but they cannot be loaded (errors).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,971 Views)

Hi Bruno,

Please check this post for your ansnwer:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/message/52435

Thanks

Tao

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,709 Views)