Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Severing LabVIEW's dependency on the user's home accounts

I would like to know if there is a way to “sever” LabVIEW's dependancy on the user’s home accounts.  Our home accounts are mounted to a central server in our lab but the network is not very reliable.  I have turned off the Auto Save in the labview.conf file using the line: “AutoSaveEnabled=False”. LabVIEW still creates and writes to directory called “natinst” in the users home account.  Is there an entry that I can add to the labview.conf file so that LabVIEW will not depend on the user’s home acct and write to a different directory? 

We are using RedHat 5.5 with LabVIEW 2010.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,163 Views)

You can't entirely prevent LabVIEW from using the home directory because the .conf file is one of the files that LabVIEW finds in the user's home directory (~/natinst/.config/LabVIEW-2010/labview.conf). However, aside form that file I think everything else that LabVIEW finds in ~/natinst is inside the LabVIEW Data directory. You can move that. Look in the Paths section of the Tools->Options... dialog and modify the location of the "Default Data Directory". Hopefully that catches everything else.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,344 Views)

What happens when you call labview with a manually set HOME variable? I.e., something like

mkdir /localhome/$USER

HOME=/localhome/$USER labview

If you're lucky, that's where labview gets its knowledge of the user home directory from, and the labview process uses the new path. Note that this may have side effects when other programs are started from within labview.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,344 Views)