Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI Responsivenes

I am still on LV for Linux 2009, openSUSE 11.1. My users complain about the responsiveness of the user interface as compared to the same program running on Windows: under moderate/high CPU load, the program takes a noticeable fraction of a second to respond to user interface events handled by an event structure. This shows, for example, as slow change of button graphics after it is clicked or as delayed appearance of pop-up file dialogs. The CPU load is caused by a VI that has no ties to the UI and runs presumably in a different thread. The CPU is a low end dual-core Intel Atom 330. Again, the same program running on the same hardware, but under Windows 7, shows no noticeable delays.

Is it something that other people have observed? If yes, is it LabVIEW or Linux? Is it version-dependent? Any advice on how to make the UI more responsive?

Thanks,

Sergey

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,405 Views)

Sergey,

Do you think there is anyway to shrink your application down to something you can share that has this issue? I would love to be able to reproduce it so that we can determine what might be going wrong. Thanks.

Randy Hoskin

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,554 Views)