Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 6501 in openSUSE 12.1

Hi gays,

I am now trying to use Linux to control 6501. But now I have some problems. I am also new to use NI card and Linux system.

I have installed the NIDAQmx Base 3.6 in openSUSE 12.1.

linux-s8k3:~ # lsdaq

--------------------------------

Detecting National Instruments DAQ Devices

Found the following DAQ Devices:

NI USB-6501: "Dev1"    (USB0::0x3923::0x718A::0180D177::RAW)

I don't  know how can I use nidatalogger, mxbaseconfig or others to create task and test the card?

Another problem is when I am trying to run the example C code in example folder, I have this

linux-s8k3:/usr/local/natinst/nidaqmxbase/examples/dio # ./ContWriteDigPort-ExtClk

DAQmxBase Error -200452: <err>Specified property is not supported by the device or is not applicable to the task.

linux-s8k3:/usr/local/natinst/nidaqmxbase/examples/dio # ./ContReadDigChan-ExtClk.c

-bash: ./ContReadDigChan-ExtClk.c: Permission denied

Is that C code don't suit for USB 6501?

I really wish you gays could help me.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,729 Views)

Hello,

Notice that Dev1 is listed next to the USB-6501 listing in the lsdaq output. Use Dev1 for any examples or utilities that you want to run...if you plug in multiple devices, run lsdaq to see if the assigned Dev has changed.

I would recommend checking the readme (/usr/local/natinst/nidaqmxbase/documentation). There is a list of supported features for each board. The USB-6501 only supports software timed digital reads and writes. The example you tried, requires an external hardware clock and is not compatible with the USB-6501. The comments at the top of each example detail the features used in each example.

Thanks,

Steven T.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,775 Views)