Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Hardware bus is disabled in driverwizard on ubuntu 14.04 Kernel 4.4.x

Hi I have multiple USB-6501 which are working fine on Kernel 3.13.x but while I am trying to upscale the solution to kernel 4.4.x , lsdaq is not able to detect any device.

in driverwizard, PXI/PCI bus is enabled but USB bus is disabled whereas lsusb command displayes the device. All the required drivers are installed and running fine (I believe so) but yet no device is being detected.

And as soon as I install the drivers on kernel 3.13.x (Even with higher RAM : 16 GB), it detects the device. 

Let me know if any other information is required.

Screenshot from 2017-02-07 12:25:43.png

Attached is the screenshot of driverwizard and NI VISA Interactive Control.

Screenshot from 2017-02-07 12:28:02.png

Thanks & Regards,

Manoj 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,545 Views)

Maybe it has to do w/ the fact that NI still refuses to play by the rules of the GPL w/ their kernel drivers.

USB stuff is GPL-only for quite some time, so they can't use it in their proprietary drivers.

As they refuse to release their kernel drivers under GPL, the Linux market is basicly lost for their USB products.

Anyways, don't use proprietary kernel drivers anyways, it's inherently dangerous.

Linux Embedded / Kernel Hacker / BSP / Driver development / Systems engineering
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,422 Views)

Thanks for the response, well the issue was not with the USB hardware bus or Driverwizard or proprietary kernel drivers but it was the issue with NI-Device that I was using, I bought another device(Different USB Product) and that was working fine. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,404 Views)