From 11:00 PM CDT Friday, May 10 – 02:30 PM CDT Saturday, May 11 (04:00 AM UTC – 07:30 PM UTC), ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Test PCI-6221 with NI-DAQmx (8.0.1) or NI-DAQmxBase (3.7)

Redhat 5.1.3 was loaded, followed by NI-DAQmxbase 3.7.  lsdaq properly describes the DAQ Card as PCI-6221.  A driver that we build for our RF SIM requires the full NILIB, so we also loaded NI-DAQmx (8.0.1) on top of 3.7.  This loaded without error, however, per Knowledge Article (kA00Z0000019MCVSA2) we did comment out any reference to the PCI-6221.  Neither nidatalogger nor mxbaseconfig allow me to test the DAQ board.  They come up on screen but seem to be hard-coded and provide generic data.  Some areas are greyed out and won't let me create a task.  I also tried the AI example for acquireNScans, but it too comes up with generic data.  By generic, I mean that I short out the AI1 input to AIGND and the data onscreen continues to come up with data near -10V or +10V, never around 0V.  I'm looking for a simple means to verify just one Analog Input.  Any feedback is appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,718 Views)

You're using a 15 years old distro ? Seriously ?

Linux Embedded / Kernel Hacker / BSP / Driver development / Systems engineering
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,643 Views)