Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lsdaq not working

Hello all, thanks for taking the time to read this. I have a PCIe-6259 multifunction DAQ board I am trying to use on Linux.

I'm trying to get started using DAQmx Base 3.2 on a fresh install of 64-bit Scientific Linux 6.4, and having trouble right away. My current problem is that the lsdaq command hangs as below. It makes no difference if I run lsdaq as a user or as root.

[user@cybermech Desktop]$ lsdaq

--------------------------------

Detecting National Instruments DAQ Devices

Found the following DAQ Devices:

Any help would be appreciated, I have attached the output of niSystemReport, and I will detail how I solved several initial errors below. Thanks again for your time.

The installation process gave a "bad ELF interpreter: No such file or directory" error at several points. The installation process did not halt, but I searched the message and found it's related to running 32-bit software on a 64-bit machine. I issued "yum install glibc.i686" in order to get 32-bit libraries just to be on the safe side.

The first time I ran lsdaq it could not find libgcc_s.so.1, so I issued "yum install libgcc_s.so.1" and this corrected the error.

The hardware is installed and recognized, as when I run lspci I get the following:

05:00.0 Unassigned class [ff00]: National Instruments PCIe-6259

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,460 Views)

dsf900 wrote:

I'm trying to get started using DAQmx Base 3.2 on a fresh install of 64-bit Scientific Linux 6.4, and having trouble right away. My current problem is that the lsdaq command hangs as below. It makes no difference if I run lsdaq as a user or as root.

Does your application use version 3.2? It appears from the system report that NI-DAQmx Base 3.6 [1] is installed. If you want to confirm 32-bit support, use the RedHat KB [2] to confirm that all of them are present.

The messages in the system report don't have anything alarming, but I see RAM is mapped above the 32-bit boundary which typically causes the NI driver stack to refuse to load. You can try adding a kernal boot parameter memmap=80G$0x100000000 [3] to see if that helps.

[1] Updates: NI-DAQmx Base 3.6

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/3434/lang/en

[2] Knowledge Base: Unable to Build DAQmx Base C Application on 64-bit RedHat

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/93C92D41B25341B286257A4D007BACB8

[3] Linux Users Group: SL 6.0 NI-VISA 5.1.1 - libnipalu.so failed to initialize

https://decibel.ni.com/content/message/26894#26894

Joe Friedchicken
NI Configuration Based Software
Get with your fellow OS users
[ Linux ] [ macOS ]
Principal Software Engineer :: Configuration Based Software
Senior Software Engineer :: Multifunction Instruments Applications Group (until May 2018)
Software Engineer :: Measurements RLP Group (until Mar 2014)
Applications Engineer :: High Speed Product Group (until Sep 2008)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,722 Views)

Thanks for your response! I'll try your suggestions tomorrow and let you know how it goes... today was just too full of meetings to make progress on this.

As to the version number- we currently have no application! (That's my job.) Thanks for pointing that out though, I either clicked on the wrong link or the link itself is wrong.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,723 Views)

Beautiful! Progress has been made!

I'm not sure which of your suggestions was the key. From suggestion [2] the only library I lacked was

compat-libstdc++-296-2.96-144.el6.i686. I modified your third suggestion slightly to read memmap=4096M$0x100000000. Given that the program was launching but then hanging, I assume the memory map was the issue.

At any rate, thank you so much! lsdaq produces valid output.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,723 Views)