Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

thanks to Linux guys at NI

I'd just like to give a shout-out to the Linux team at NI. Clearly there are issues getting some of this software running on various flavors of Linux, but there are a lot of distros to support and I think the group there does a good job of trying to address them, or at least give helpful pointers, when they can. Hopefully someday there is a more step-by-step guide available and a better source of info for what works on what, but that's probably more an issue of resource allocation within NI rather than the abilities or efforts of the individuals working on the Linux branch of all this stuff.

Thanks again guys (and possibly gals)!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,634 Views)

You're very welcome! Wow, this is a breath of fresh air. Usually we hear lots of complaints (valid, yes, even from internal developers at NI) that we're not doing enough for Linux. And you're right, it's about resource allocation and project prioritization. Thanks man !

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,769 Views)

I also want to thank you for your shout out! We have been working as hard as we can with what we have to make the best products that are possible. I still have the following posted on my cube as my continued motivation to the work done so far:

"I think LabVIEW for Linux has come a really long way in just a couple of years, and I'd really love to talk with some of the folks behind that effort." -- pallen 07/23/2009

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,769 Views)