ni.com checkout is currently experiencing issues.

Support teams are actively working on the resolution.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulty Interfacing Allied Vision Manta Cam with NIMAX

Afternoon all 

I'm currently working at getting this Allied Vision cam to work with Labview. I'll throw some specs below for clarification. The general issue I'm running into is that I cannot get the cam to work with NIMAX for the live screen view. Every time I attempt to do this it 50% of the time completely bricks the PC (ctrl+shft+esc, ctrl+alt+del, etc. nothing works) and the computer will either blue screen of death or it will, usually after 5-10 minutes (no exaggeration) will unlock. Now the other half of the time I'll get an error from NIMAX that says [ Timeout error 0xBFF6901B ]. Now, I've got 2 other cameras (Basler) that are wired over ethernet just like this Manta and all 3 cameras are going to the same network switch. So I don't suspect that this timeout error is a result of a firewall issue.

I can get the Manta to work with vimba (the manufacturer software) unsurprisingly and that allows me to change the IP address. I'm also using two other Basler cams and both of those show up and allow me live viewing with no issues. The Manta cam is visible in NIMAX, though some configurables are greyed out. 

I've been scouring the web for anything that might explain the issue, and I either end up with IMAQdx needs to be installed or there's some forum post circa 2016 about installing/downgrading to an outdated IMAQdx driver to get these Allied Vision devices to work properly. On another line, we do have the exact same model camera working in Labview 2015 but just my luck that it was configured years ago by a person that is no longer with the company and I'm not seeing anything that is helping me reverse engineer how they managed to get this to work. Both the line I'm working on and the line where this setup is identical and functioning are both running NI-IMAQdx 15.5. There's supposedly a driver from Allied Vision that allows these cameras to interface with Labview (just what I've read in other forums) but going on the Allied Vision site, I cannot find anything that fits this alleged driver. I'm hoping that this is something dumb that I'm doing wrong.

Camera : 

Manta G-1236B ASG (E0020718)

Labview 2015

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(313 Views)