Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error signature

Hi,

I'm running my program on a standalone net configuration and once in a while I get "Error signature" messages, as listed below:

1) AppName: <my executable>    App Ver: <my version number>    ModName: imaq.dll

ModVer: 3.6.0.49152   Offset: 0009495e

2) AppName: <my executable>    App Ver: <my version number>    ModName: unknown

ModVer: 3.6.0.49152   Offset: 85614c85 (or 0000000)

with "Reporting details" on all messages as follows:

"This error report includes: information regarding the condition of <my program name> when the problem occurred; the operating system version and computer hardware in use; your Digital Product ID, which could be used to identify your license; and the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer.

We do not intentionally collect your files, name, address, email address or any other form of personally identifiable information. However, the error report could contain customer-specific information such as data from open files.  While this information could potentially be used to determine your identity, if present, it will not be used.

The data that we collect will only be used to fix the problem.  If more information is available, we will tell you when you report the problem.  This error report will be sent using a secure connection to a database with limited access and will not be used for marketing purposes."

What do these messages mean and what steps should I take to debug them?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,009 Views)

Hey edbd1,

Other than imaq.dll, nothing in this "Error Signature" is pointing towards LabVIEW. Is this an error code generated by LabVIEW or Windows? You said that the program was stand alone, does that mean you compiled it to an EXE or deployed it to a remote system?

Which version of LabVIEW did you use to build the code and which OS are you on?

Logan H

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,989 Views)

Hi Logan,

The exe was built with LV 8.2.1 on the Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2 platform and deployed to a PC that is also running Windows XP.  I'm not sure how to tell if the error code was generated by LV or Windows.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,986 Views)

Can you post up a screen shot of the error code? When you sent the EXE over to the new PC, did you include the imaq.dll file or are the IMAQ drivers installed? To move an EXE to a new machine, it's best to build an installer as described in this DeveloperZone article.

Logan H

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,966 Views)

Hi Logan,

The IMAQ drivers were installed separately from the exe.  Here are a couple of the error messages:

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,958 Views)

Hey edbd

What file format are you posting those images in? They will not load in either of my browsers? You can also attach them as files if the Insert/Edit Image icon isn't working.

Logan H

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,940 Views)

Hi Logan,

Today I've learn that these were Window errors and by clicking on the More Info button, the error signature messages in the attachment were displayed.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,937 Views)

edbd1,

It looks like these screens are just statements from the Stent Filler EXE that your information won't be used for marketing purposes and aren't really errors. Is this code that was developed there or purchased because it just looks like the developer just added some informative dialog boxes.

After you select to Close these windows, does the program still run?

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,925 Views)

Hii Logan,

The executable was developed in-house.  There is no explicit LV code to display these message.  Yes the program does continue to run after closing these messages.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,923 Views)

Hi edbd1,

Have you tried updating to the latest IMAQ driver available? http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/2137/lang/en

Also, please click the "Send error report" button if you get crashes like this. It sends an anonymous crash log that we can retrieve at NI and often this is enough information for us to to fix crashes that customers are seeing. 

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,863 Views)