Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to paste ignore region on template

Hey!

I have this program that detects mistakes on a product. The tamplate that I use in compare golden template will be changeged from time to time. I would like to make an automatic creation of new templates. The problem is that I don't know how to put ignore region on a golden template(picture). Ignore region would be the same all the time (universal) so it would be stored like an image(I think..). The image that it would be pasted on would change everythime new templates are created. Both together would be the new tempalate that the main program would use to detect mistakes on the mesured product.Ihope you know whatmy problem is 🙂

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,684 Views)
You can define the search region in the input parameters of pattern matching. Try it in vision assistant. You will have a green rectangle which you can shrink or enlarge.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,681 Views)

Hey muks,

I don't think you understood me. I know that its posible to draw that regions in vision asistant or template editor, but I would like to paste the same shape of Region to ignore on diferent pictures. We would like to do that besouse the problem is, that during production the printing on the product is slightly diferent, becouse of the tempureture, pressure etc., so new templates have to be made everytime ne series of production is made. We would have to make this automatic so every time a worker would pres make templates button new templates would be created with ignore regions puten over it. I hope it is celar now.

Tnx

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,675 Views)
Ok so what you are trying to do is dynamic roi selction. Can you apply threshold and extract the particle (Region of label). Can you post a few images?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,664 Views)
No, the ROI (region to ignore) stays the same. The picture that is taken when "making new templates" is active, will become new template, with the same region to ignore that the previus template had.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,657 Views)

I don't know if this will help, but when training an image for pattern matching there is a separate input for a mask image.  The mask image controls what areas are ignored during training.  You could create a mask image from an ROI using ROItoMask.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
Message 6 of 8
(3,656 Views)
Any update?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,632 Views)

Thanks Bruce, I think I have an idea how to make this application. Thanky you!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,629 Views)