Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to find distance between a smart camera and an object?

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using ni smart camera 1722 and i am trying to make a VI which gives me the distance between the object and the camera from the image aquised with the grab module

Can anybody help me please?

I am new with labview and i don't have much time to do this project so please help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,195 Views)

Hello HFASSI,

Thank you for posting on National Instruments Forum.

You have several way to measure the distance with camera. You can use the NI Vision Assistant to measure with video processing, or you can take photograph and use it to know the distance.

For the first way to realize your measurement, i advise you to follow this link.

Regards,

Romain P.
National Instruments France

Message 2 of 11
(4,173 Views)

Hi Sir

Thank you sir for your reply, well since I am new with labview I tried to use the edge detection example using IMAQ Clamp Horizontal Max VI and associate it to a grab module, but I am still having errors would you please check my trial and see if there are something missing or extra...

Thank you again

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,157 Views)

Can you describe errors? I had a look on your trial and i don't see any error.

Romain P.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,144 Views)

Well now I am having some troubles with the camera it does not connect properly with my laptop. when I try to configure it in MAX it doesn't connect and I get this error: "Unable to initialize connection to remote system" 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,141 Views)

The camera is connected on the computer or on a local area network? The error appears only when you're configuring it?

Romain P.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,129 Views)

yes it's connected to a computer, I tried to reconfigure the adress IP of the camera and of the computer I have a connection but when I try to reconfigure the camera in the MAX the connection become limited and the I get that error!!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,115 Views)

Can you try to set up the IP attribution of the camera with DHCP and not in fix IP?

Regards,

Romain P.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,110 Views)

I can't configure the camera with DHCP because MAX does not detect it so I have to create a new deported system and give the fix IP adress to help it find the camera

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,097 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author HFASSI

You have to switch on the IP Reset (on the camera), and then, you will be able to carry out the IP assignation to a successful conclusion.

Regards,

Romain P.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,076 Views)