Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQ Rotation Detect

Hello to all the vision experts,

I am new to NI Vision and have 2 questions.

1. I am trying to determine the rotation direction of a motor and have been looking for a suitable vision function for this purpose. I finally found this function under MachineVision>Caliper>IMAQ Rotation Detect. It seems like this is the function to use. Has anybody any experience with using this function?

2. I tried using this function but am not getting very far because I am getting the -1074396080 Error (Image Type error). Eventhough the help page indicated that the image type supported are U8, U16, I16, SGL, and I am acquiring the image into type Grayscale(U8) (using IMAQdx Snap.vi), the same error persists. Does anybody know what exactly is not right here?

My development environment is: LabVIEW 2014, Vision 2014 SP1, USB Camera IDS USB 3uEye.

I am also attaching my sub program. The error occur in "Koordinate1" State in Kamera_FGV.vi

Thanks very much everyone.

yours sincerely,

hlim1

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,017 Views)

Hi hlim1,

I found this in similar post:IMAQ Vision :Invalid image type

In most cases WebCam will deliver RGB (Color) Image. Even if you have switched WebCam to GrayScale Mode (then RGB components are equal). IMAQ Histograph can handle the only U8 U16 I 16 or SGL types.

What you can do:

A) Use IMAQ ColorHistograph instead of IMAQ Histograph.

or

B) Convert your color image to grayscale (correct way is to take IMAQ ExtractSingleColorPlane and set type to Intensity. Destination image should have type Grayscale U8). Then you will be able to use IMAQ Histograph.

It may be possible, that even you set U8 Grayscale, it is in reality not, because of the camera.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Patrik
CTA, CLA
Helping (sharing) is caring!

If the post was helpful - Kudo it.
If the post answered your question - Mark it as Solution.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,981 Views)

Thanks for the information Patrik,

I applied the IMAQ image cast function and the error does not appear anymore.

yours sincerely,

hlim1

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,978 Views)