cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQdx and Mightex USB Camera

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm having trouble getting my Mightex USB camera to work with Labview 2010 and IMAQdx.  Previously I installed their DirectShow drivers and was using Labview 8.5 with the IMAQ for USB package and everything worked fine.  Now I'm looking to operate the camera with Labview 2010, however running any of the IMAQdx example programs, such as Grab.vi in Labview 2010, throws an unidentified error.  To troubleshoot, I attempted to see if I could operate the camera using Measurement and Automation Explorer version 5.0.0f1.  The "NI-IMAQdx Devices" list populates with two entries:
-cam1 : Mightex_BufferSource Filter
-Mightex CCD Camera : Mightex_BufferCCDSource Filter
When I click on either of these to try and access the camera, I get the following error: "Error 0x8007007E  The scarab quadrant number is invalid" which returns 0 results in google!

I've contacted Mightex. They are not using Labview 2010 but believe their DirectShow drivers are fine, and I know they are installed correctly because everything works with IMAQ for USB in Labview 8.5.

Can anyone offer any suggestions or clues as to where the problem could be?  Do their drivers need to be updated specifically for IMAQdx, or should the DirectShow drivers that worked with IMAQ for USB be sufficient to work with IMAQdx?

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,888 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author grae323

OK nevermind, I'm an idiot.  A mod can delete this thread or perhaps leave it up if you think it might be useful to someone someday.

I had changed the folder name where the camera software and drivers were located on my local computer after installing everything, and this is what messed everything up.  I reinstalled the DirectShow drivers and now everything works fine.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,885 Views)