Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low cost Microscopy for live acquisition

Dear valuable members,

We are currently conducting a research that utilizes microscopy. Since the prototype is self funded, we seek a low cost microscopy which has a live acquisition capabilities.

All help is appewciated.

Waleed El-Badry MSc.,MCPD, ISTQB Certified Tester
Assistant Lecturer
Mechatronics Department
Faculty of Engineering
Misr University for Science & Technology

View Waleed El-Badry's profile on LinkedIn

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,759 Views)

Do you have a suitable microscope already available?  There are cost effective sleeve adapters for mounting a C-mount video camera on an existing microscope.  Some microscopes already have a C-mount port available.  I found one type of sleeve on Edmund Optics' site (http://www.edmundoptics.com/products/displayproduct.cfm?productid=1885).  The best place to look for an adapter for an existing microscope might be the manufacturer.

If you need a complete video microscope, that is also available.  I found some affordable video microscopes for a teacher once on schooltr.com, but I don't know if they would be suitable for machine vision type applications.  The USB cameras may not be compatible with IMAQ Vision drivers, for example.  I'm not sure about the image quality, either.  I would lean toward using a standard microscope, an adapter sleeve, and a good quality camera.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,753 Views)

Thanks Bruce for your intensive effort.

We currently don't possess a microscope. Regarding the USB microscope, I guess it would be suitable after investigating its resolution and grabbing frame rate. I guess any USB camera device can by acquired using IMAQ Vision Acquisition as I used it on different types of usb cams.

I'll dig into your valuable suggestions. Thanks again

Waleed El-Badry MSc.,MCPD, ISTQB Certified Tester
Assistant Lecturer
Mechatronics Department
Faculty of Engineering
Misr University for Science & Technology

View Waleed El-Badry's profile on LinkedIn

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,742 Views)

Hello Waleed,

We are resellers of Olympus microscopes and have adapted Canon SLR cameras for photomicrography purposes.

If its okay with you, can you give me your mail id. I'd like to send you some literature on these microscopes, and hopefully, you may find something suitable and cost effective.

Regards,

Trog.

PS: I hope I don't offend anybody on the forum by this self-plug!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,733 Views)