Did you mean: 

NI-MAX GigE camera not discovered

Solved!
Go to solution

Ok, thank you for all of your help!

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 32
(1,246 Views)

Ok, now I am not seeing the camera in LabView.  I have an initialization vi (attached), where even if I type the name of my camera that I see in MAX, an error for the "Open Camera.vi" is produced for camera not found.  

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 32
(1,242 Views)

Is your camera not showing up in the dropdown box that wires into Open Camera VI?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 32
(1,239 Views)

It does not show in that dropdown box.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 32
(1,234 Views)

And you are sure that the camera shows up and is usable in MAX?  The camera list in LabVIEW and MAX should never get out of sync like that. 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 32
(1,231 Views)

Here is my view in MAX.  The drop down box only shoes "cam5","cam6","cam7".  My camera is "cam0" as shown in MAX.  I have used MAX to acquire images with this camera.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 32
(1,229 Views)

If you look in "C:\Windows\SysWOW64" for "niimaqdx.dll", right click it, properties, details, note the version number.

Now do the same for "C:\Windows\System32" niimaqdx.dll.  The version numbers should match.  If they do not match, the install is in a bad state.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 32
(1,223 Views)

They match.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 32
(1,215 Views)

Hmmm... that's not good.  Well, it is good that they match, but I was sure that could be your problem.  As a sanity check, can you see if the camera enumerates (shows up in the dropdown box) in 32-bit version of LabVIEW? 

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2015\LabVIEW.exe

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 32
(1,210 Views)

It's not there when I run it using that file.  I believe I was already running the 32-bit version.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 32
(1,205 Views)