Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI MAX - no respond changing camera attributes

Hi,

I'm new to LabView and Vision. I am trying to get access to a Cameralink Camera in NI MAX using a Framegrabber and the camera file generator. My serial commands work, and I am getting a response, when I'm using the serial test in the Camera File Generator or the serial communication in LabView 2019 - using the IMAQ or IMAQdx functions. Changing the specified attributes in MAX doesn't cause any effect. There is no reaction from the camera. E.g. there is a serial command to turn light on and off. The lights turn on, if I send my serial command in the serial test option in the Camera File Generator or in my VI using the serial write and read functions but changing the attribute in MAX or changing the attribute programmatically has no effect.

I am using:

Camera: Tichawa CIS (like a line scan camera)

Framegrabber: PCIe-1427

I am attaching the camera file as a txt, where I only set the light attribute, and hope anyone can give me advice.

Maybe someone worked with Tichawa before?

KG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,922 Views)

Hey KG,

Im just curious if you were able to work through your issue? i am also wanting to get my Tichawa CIS up and running in labview so any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

-Frank

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(375 Views)

Hi Frank,

I got the Tichawa CIS to work using the camera configuration file at some point, but I also had to deal with various other problems. For this reason I no longer use this CIS.

I don't know exactly what solved the problem I descibed. Anyway, I can send you my latest camera configuration file if it helps.

KG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(259 Views)