Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pie Chard Analysis

Solved!
Go to solution

Don't ask but need to try to analyze what percentage of the pie is displayed.  It can be in any orientation rotationally and be between 1 and 99% (whole percentages) of the pie.  I tried multiple techniques using calipers but not looking promising.  I will post a few sample images I anyone has any ideas on how to determine how much of the pie is displayed.

Thanks for any tips!

Matthew Fitzsimons

Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW 6.1 ... 2013, LVOOP, GOOP, TestStand, DAQ, and Vison
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,270 Views)

Not sure what functions in Vision exist (if any)

-Try color matching and count numbers of pixels occupied by each, the ratio of green/grey will be the percentage. This won't work on the last example though.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Message 2 of 5
(3,251 Views)

I seem to be having some success processing the image down to binary and using the Straight Edge (Rake) function.  Will post when I get something working.  Need to try on actual images and not simulated.  Color matching will be my backup plan.

Thanks

Matthew Fitzsimons

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,247 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mfitzsimons

The easiest way (probably) - just counting pixels, and then calculation ratio area / whole circle area, something like that:

Pie Screenshot.png 

Andrey.

Message Edited by Andrey Dmitriev on 02-15-2010 11:51 PM
Message 4 of 5
(3,245 Views)

Thanks!  Now I see the solution I agree that area would be the easiest.  The best solutions are the simple ones.  Kudos for everyone.

Matthew Fitzsimons

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,235 Views)