Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save at 60fps using vb6, imaq, and 1407 board.

computer is p3 450mhz, 256mb memory windows 98.

Imaq 2.6

I have a short program that can display at 60 frames a second using a sequence example.  But when I add the write to disk I only save about 1/7 of the frames.  I can run a fixed number of frames, but I need at least 120 frames to be saved.  Is there any method to add all the frames into one frame and thereby reduce the open and close of the file overhead as well waiting to end to write everything out? 

Thanks

Leonard Hanko

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,746 Views)

With that old of a computer, it may be difficult.  I doubt you can store 120 images in memory at one time.  If you can, I would acquire the entire sequence, then save it after acquiring.  It may be possible to upgrade the memory (if they still sell that type and the computer can handle more).

If not, it may be time to upgrade the computer.  You could easily store several thousand images in memory at one time on a modern computer, and the computer will cost you less than $1000.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,739 Views)

yes I figured the computer was too old.  But what i have not figured out how to do is write each frame to memory and then save.

I thought the  following code would do it.

cwimaq1.images.add(60)

cwimaq1.acquire

cwimaq1.saveimagetodisk filename, cwimaq1.images(60)

This only writes one frame. do I need to write a loop and index from 1 to 60 writing out 60 different frames.  I was hoping to write out a sequence of frames to one file. 

thanks  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,729 Views)