cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony XCD-SX910 camera issue

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have an issue and I was wondering if anyone here might have an idea what could be causing it.

I'm working on a automated quality control system, which is currently made out of NI 1454 and two Sony cameras (XCD-SX910 and XCD-SX710) which are connected to it and work fine. This system was bought whole like that and now I plan to change/upgrade it.

Now I have bought an additional XCD-SX910 camera and this camera doesn't show anything except gray screen (even if I fully cover the lense - where other cameras show black screen).

MAX detects and shows it as a normal working camera and also without any errors. The camera is identical as the pre-owned one, the only difference I have noticed is, it is a different version as the other two. MAX says the SX710 and the first SX910 are v2.20E, while the additional SX910 is v2.01D.

I have tried disconnecting and connecting them in all possible combinations, but the issue persist always on the same camera.

NI IMAQ for IEEE 1394 RT is version 1.5.2

Could the problem be because of the different version? (don't know why would that be an issue)

Or is it probably just a faulty camera? (it was bought as a used one)

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,356 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author maticr

Nevermind, I checked with a coworker and I'm pretty sure it's a faulty camera.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,338 Views)