Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBAI 2009 Developers Toolkit - vision module in 8.5

I have installed VBAI 2009.. plus the developers toolkit, now I have been going through the tutorial and everything is going well... the problem I am having is that the vision functions are not available to me under labview 8.5, and when i try and install Vision Module 8.5 it tells me I've got a higher version already installed (2009). How do I tackle this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,243 Views)

Unfortunately the SDK has a strict requirement on the version of Vision that can be used to create custom steps for VBAI (otherwise there can be linking problems and the step doesn't work when you try to use it on a clean machine with just VBAI 2009 installed). You will need to uninstall the newer Vision you have so you can install the right version of vision for SDK development.

Sorry I don't have a better answer, but I hope this helps,

Brad 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,237 Views)

Thanks Brad, thought as much.. so I'll be able to uninstall vision module 2009, without impacting my current installation of labview 2009? -haven't done it before. I'll give it a try and see what happens

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,220 Views)

Interesting development... I could uninstall vision development module 2009 and install the 8.5 version, but now when I want to activate it it gives me a c runtime error. Strange. Looks like I'll have to uninstall everything and start from scratch -was hoping that this would not be the case.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,218 Views)

We do not guarantee that steps build with future versions of Vision will work, but they might. The hard restriction is really on the version of LabVIEW. We also restricted the version of Vision because it is possible that in future versions, some VIs could be modified to add an optional input to the connector pane, whose default value would not modify the current behavior of the VI, without changing the VI name. In that case, compatibility would be preserved in LabVIEW, but we might have problems in VBAI custom steps, say if the VI that we hypothethically modified in my example was called by both the Vision Builder AI executable and in the custom step you're using. In that case, the old VI would be first loaded by the VBAI executable with the runtime engine, and the code of your step will be broken.

-Christophe

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,205 Views)

I had same problem regarding newer version of VBAI 2009...but after communication in NI, finally i have reached on solution that smart camera works only in LabVIEW 8.5 with installed LabVIEW RT 8.5, Vision biilder 8.5 or higher, Vision acquisition module 8.5.1 only and vision development module 8.5

LabVIEW RT and LabVIEW version must be same....

Vision Builder and VDM version also must be same..... 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,094 Views)