Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the step in ni vision before using OCR/OCV to able to read number from 0 till 9 and then how can I make it possible to be live??.

I am working on a project using NI vision to read numbers from {0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9} on a very small board. The idea is to create a program using NI vision

to recognize the numbers see picture bellow. For example it can read 0001 and so on.

The aime of this project is to train the NI vision to recognize number without taking each time a picture for each board?.

the camera will recognize the number that is store in the database and then goes to second one and do so for the same process as previous ??.

Ok I took couple of pictures I used OCR/OCV on NI vision and I did trained the software to recognized those numbers but it seem I am having problems to locate on the board the number? Each time it given me different reading and sometime take area that is not needed even I use ROI around the number I need but still did not work? . Also if I move the picture around it won't recognized my number anymore???

I need help please?.

what should I do first to able to detect the number at any position and direction I want?.

what are the step needed before OCR/OCV ??

for example?. Calibrate the picture first and then set the coordinate system after Patten matching and then OCR?.

How to do the measurement of that picture?.

ALSO how can select the ROI that I only want even I did it with ocr but still not working properly??

after doing the all the step that you are going to suggest to me, what should I do next after that to make my project working?.

should I do coding with c or vb?. And then send it labwindow or labview ???.

Please help me to solve this nightmare?.

Thanks 

1- each time I change picture it doesn't recognize the new picture??.

2- coordinate system it is not working ???.

3- calibration ( the camera is static therefore do we still have to calibrate the picture too.?

4- I need help with coordinate system ????

the aim of this project is train the NI vision to recognize number without taking each time a picture for each chip?.

the camera will recognize the number that is store in the database and then goes to second one and do the same process as the previous ??.

_ what is the step that I need to use before OCR?

how can I caliber a static picture that will be the original picture

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,287 Views)
Do some pre processing. Play around with the settings else you will be having trouble differentiating 1 and 7 for example. Did you try pattern matching?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,271 Views)

Yes i did and the OCR recognizes all the number but as soon I change the angle of the picture OCR  and specially the ROI ca not detect anymore my number ???.

I would like to know how can i do it ???.

I did try today a methode uch aquisition of the image and then pattern math the reference image like this example http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/6171#1requirements. each time i change a picture the OCR can not recognize the number anymore even in pattern matching i done 180 degree ??

Please show me how i can move the picture around with different angle and OCR can still detect my number ???.

Thanks

Dine

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,255 Views)