Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to enter in "Session in" while making a VI in labview for inspection..using vbai ?

Solved!
Go to solution
I want to make a VI for inspection using Labview 8.6. I am beginner and i want to know what is meant by session in "Vbai open inspection"....? I am using a usb camera for aquistion!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,879 Views)

Hi

Its basically your camera referrence. Open your camera using Imaqdx open camera then configure it (Imaqdx Configure grab) and grab an image (Imaqdx grab).

---
Silver_Shaper | CLD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,876 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rajatk489

The session in the VBAI Open Inspection is a session to a VBAI Engine. If you want to run the inspection on your PC, use the Launch Local VBAI Engine VI to start a local VBAI Engine, then use the VBAI Connect VI to connect to this engine and then you can load inspections, run them, and get results images back. Check out the shipping example in your VBAI directory under API Examples/LabVIEW. You will need to have an inspection already saved using the regular VBAI executable. Make sure the executable is closed before you try to use the inspection with the LabVIEW API because only one process can use the camera at a time.

Hope this helps.

Brad

Message 3 of 3
(2,871 Views)