Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

building a new inspection via CVS and VBAI

I have another issue with VBAI 2.5 and CVS1456.  When I go to make a new inspection and click on the Acquire Image step, the list of cameras plugged in shows up.  When I select the desired camera then go to select the Format 7 (Mode 0), I get an Error message not allowing me to select this format.  When I use the format that is selected by default, I get the images to show up but, again, I need to use Format 7 (Mode 0).  The only solution I have come across to this is to open up an existing inspection and use the existing Acquire Image steps and remove all the other steps, then make the new steps for the new part, and then save as a different title.  This should not have to be done this way.  Please help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,028 Views)
The Error message is 1074364400..."occurred at an unidentified location"
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,007 Views)
Hi scott,

is it possible to change between the video modes in MAX?
Please attach the support file, which is available in MAX - Help - Systeminformation - Protocol - Simple Report

Have you tried to reinstall VB AI and IMAQ 1394?

regards,
ThSa
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,979 Views)
Yes, I can change the video mode in MAX without any problems.  As far as reinstalling the software (VBAI and IMAQ IEEE1394), yes, I've done this before, and it didn't help.  What are the minimum requirements for a host PC to run VBAI?  The host computer being used to alter or make programs on the fly is a Sony VAIO laptop with not nearly as much processing power as this desktop computer (which accounts for the system info in the attachment).  It is the only way we can make new programs and such on site.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,974 Views)
You've installed very old driver versions...
You have LV 6 installed, if you program in LV6 with IMAQ1394 functions,  it's only possible to update to 1.5.3
http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/websearch/1D1A6E1F412635A586256F0000549306?opendocument&node=132070_US
otherwise update to 2.0.1
http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/websearch/09F9367451DB38278625702D00673856?opendocument&node=132070_US
Your VB AI 2.5 should work with the 2.0.1 driver!

There is no specific sheet for VB AI, but it's recommended that you have an Pentium III / Celeron 866MHz or equivalent for LV 7.x

regards,
ThSa

Message 5 of 11
(3,968 Views)
We don't use Labview 6 for this.  As a matter of fact, I haven't used Labview 6 since I've worked here.  We do not use LV 6 w/ IMAQ 1394 to program anything.  Trust me, we would like to, but we can not afford to get a newer version of Labview.  All programming is done via Vision Builder AI.  I will see if I can update to 2.0.1 and get back to you.  Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,959 Views)
You need to know that since I updated the IMAQ1394 software on the CVS, none of my inspections will run!  Why can't I get it to run inspections in inspection mode?!!!!  This is a very bad situation.  I'll even create new ones from scratch and go over to inspection mode and it says "Inspection Error: Open in config mode and determine which step...."   This is very bad, please reply ASAP.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,948 Views)
I had to reinstall the older versions to operate properly
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,943 Views)
Sorry for the late response, there was a public holiday on friday!

Have you tried to configure the cam and to acquire an image in MAX with the new driver?
Have you tried to configure an "acquire 1394" step in VB AI?
Have you replaced the "acquire 1394" steps in your project with the newer one?

regards,
ThSa

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,921 Views)
Yes sir, I did.  It has been running much better now that the original software was reinstalled.  Thanks for your help
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,917 Views)