Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flir sc3000

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to assist my client to control their FLIR SC3000 Thermal Camera using PXI 1422 & LabVIEW. FLIR has a LabVIEW driver called the ThermoVision LabVIEW Digital Toolkit. I've attached the brochure for the toolkit. The problem I have is that the toolkit cannot be used to control and 'access' the high-speed option of the camera. Referring to the second page of the attached brochure, the mentions specifically that the toolkit does not support SC3000's high-speed option. The only option to take advantage of the high-speed capability of the camera is to use FLIR's Reseacher software with the High-Speed option.

To my knowledge, what the software does to 'enable' the high-speed option is by reducing the image ratio. By default, the camera captures thermal images by the size of 320x240 at 50 frames /sec (for PAL). Using the high-speed option, I can increase the frame rate up to 750 frames/sec but I have to sacrifice the image ratio down to 320x15.

With all these information, may I know if somebody has actually manage to control SC3000 along with the high-speed option using LabVIEW? or, since FLIR's LabVIEW toolkit does not give me the option to manipulate the image ratio to attain high-speed capture, is there a way to go around this?

Please advice. Thanks!

Shazlan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,703 Views)
Anybody?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,634 Views)

Hi, I'm going to use this thermocam with Labview too, but I don't have this toolkit. How did you get this? I don't know how I can get this. Can you help me with this?

Thank you.

Correa

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,744 Views)

You can ask FLIR for the toolkit. They sell it for a price. However, you may want to ask them to try the toolkit first before committing to buying it as it may have the features that you require - which was my case last time. 

Good luck!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,724 Views)

I will contact the FLIR to request the toolkit, but I think it is going to fit in what I'm thinking.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,719 Views)