Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.icd for princeton

Hi,

I have a princeton camera controled by a ST-133 controler. I control the acquisition by passing by a vision VI. I made a research on this forum to find how can I make princeton controler readable by Vision. I found that NI devellop some .icd file to make compatible vision with the external frame grabber... But, I can't find any .icd file created for princeton...is it possible? Can someone tell we where can I find it, or in the case it doesn't exist, tell me a advice to take some acquisition...

Thanks

FakStory
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,486 Views)

The NI drivers can't work with an external framegrabber card.  They only work with NI cards.  Perhaps the ICD file you refer to is so the Princeton camera will work when connected to an NI framegrabber.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,484 Views)
Thanks Bruce,

My external frame grabber is very huge, he has many output and input connection like TTL, video. ext sinc scan etc... I suppose that it must be use by the princeton software, and trig externally to take the picture... Is it possible to import the picture took by the princeton software, and analyse it by Vision? I mean in almost real-time?

Anyway, thanks for the reply, I'll stop that kind of search...

Fakstory
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,482 Views)

I don't really know anything about the Princeton camera or the framegrabber you are using.  There may be a LabVIEW compatible interface for the framegrabber, such as ActiveX or a DLL, that would allow you to bring the images into LabVIEW easily, but I don't know.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,480 Views)

Hello, I have the same problem that you had some years ago with the Princeton controller ST 133. First I cant get to comunicate properly with the acquisition card that is connected by Serial to the controller with MAX. Should I try to connect it by the TTL input? Then I guess I will also have problems for using NI Vision with the camera data...

Did you ended up with any solution? do you have any drivers?

Thanks for your help,

Jon

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,975 Views)
Hi, In fact, my problem was "solved" by the answer saying that I would need a NI acquisition card... So, I forgot to use NI vision to process my video feed. never the less, you could use NI Vison to create a processing (on a picture to test), and THEN, export the C code, or the .vi code in your application. There, you will be able to use Labview to get your video feed. Did I answer your question? See in the forum to get the "video feed vi example", or let me know if you can't find it. Fakstory
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,963 Views)
here it is: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/multiple-USB-cameras-in-Labview/td-p/833517/page/4 there were some advancement in the code, but you could go to page 1 or 2 and get the first post of the code... Who works perfectly with your cam ;) Fakstory
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,961 Views)

Thank you for your fast answer! I dont have too much experience with Labview..so thanks for your patience.

I have 2 main problems:

1. I cant comunicate with the controller. I have an USB-GPIB NI cable qnd the default PCI Princeton Acquisition card (which I think is connected by RS232 to the controller). The problem is, I cannot detect the Princeton card with Labview and if I wanted to use the USB-GPIB card... how can I connect it to the controller? Do I need to buy a new NI card with another connectivity?

What type of card did you use (PCI-GPIB...)? How did you connect the NI card to the controller, by RS232, GPIB with the TTL in/output ?

2. Supose I get to comunicate with the instrument, which "language" can I use? do you have any list of commands or instructions for the controller?

Thank you again in advance,

Jon

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,945 Views)