Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imaq1394SnapCW error -1074396154

Using VB imaq1394SnapCW returns error -1074396154 This error is not documented (ver 1.5.3). The vb sample app gives same problem. imaq1394GrabCW works as advertised. Is there a known problem with imaq1394SnapCW in vb(6)?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,641 Views)
I didn't find any information on that error or any known problems with imaq1394SnapCW in VB. What example program were you using when you got this error? What are the other details of your setup (OS, hardware, etc.)?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,628 Views)
Using a Redlake Megaplus2 Camera.
Windows XP Pro Current SPs
VB 6 Current SPs
Vision ver 1.5.3 (if I recall I'm no on the computer right now)
Sample app that fails is the VB Snap example that ships with Vision.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,625 Views)
Are you able to take a snap image successfully from MAX? If so, you may want to consider upgrading to version 2.0. If you purchased version 1.5, this would be a free upgrade from our website. If you upgraded to 1.5 for free, then it wouldn't be a free upgrade, but it may take care of this problem. I ran this example is VB 6 on an XP and didn't find get the error.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,609 Views)
I tried it with MAX and can succesfully get an image. Since last message I have nearly completely integrated the camera into my software but I still get this error when I try ima11394SnapCW. Any idea what can cause this error message?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,585 Views)
I looked up this error from LabVIEW since the same error messages are passed back from the driver regardless of API. That error says:

"IMAQ Vision: (Hex 0xBFF60406) The image is not large enough for the operation."

So that may give us a little more information about what is going on. Did you set up a buffer before the snap that is too small for the acquired image to fit into? This is my best guess.

-Nick
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,574 Views)
I'm not sure I know how to set up a buffer. After opening the camera all I do is call imaq1394snapcw and pass it the SID and an CWIMAQImage object the complete code is something like this.

Dim img As New CWIMAQImage
Dim ErrorCode As IMG_ERR
ErrorCode = imaq1394SnapCW(SID, img)

I presume that the CWIMAQImage object holds the image buffer. SID is a valid camera handle. As I said it works fine if I use grab instead of snap so I'm a little mystified.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,572 Views)
As Tyler said in his post, I run this example on a Windows XP SP2 computer with a Basler A101F, and NI-IMAQ for IEEE 1394 ver 2.0 and get no errors.
The path to the example on my computer is:
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-IMAQ for IEEE-1394\Examples\VB\Snap1394
Are you using the same one?

Did you upgrade the driver to version 2.0? Here's the link if you need it. http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/websearch/c38f70385870f32886256fcb00767061

Which RedLake Megaplus 2 camera are you using? There are several.

Nicholas C
National Instruments
Applications Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,566 Views)
I'm using the ES 1100. I have not upgraded to 2.0, the folks at Redlake say they have not tested/released thier product with version 2 so I have not attemped an upgrade. I will contact them again and see what the upgrade schedule is.

Craig
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,561 Views)