Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imgSessionCopyBuffer stops my ring acquisition

Hi everybody!

I'm using a Basler504k 1280x1024x8 bit @ 500Hz Camera connected to NI 1429 PCIe Framegrabber.

When I try to copy  data from a ringbuffer using imgSessionCopyBuffer while the acquisition is in progress sometimes it cause to stops the acquisition process
especially on higher speeds near 500Hz.

I also tried to use the Examine/Release Functions to lock/unlock the buffer to do my own memcpy but with the same result.

My question is now: In which situations can a call to imgSessionCopyBuffer  cause an acquisition to stop and is there  a workaround?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,071 Views)

I am not quite sure if it could help. But try to use the attached files. copy them into your NI-Imaq\data (*.icd) and NI-Imaq\bin (*.dat) folder.
Make sure your image width is a multiple of 8 in MAX. I also recommand to install the latest driver NI-Imaq 3.5.1. before.

Attachment Removed: The updated firmware always ships with the latest driver.  Contact your local support if updates are required between driver releases to prevent downloading out of date firmware.  Thanks!

Message Edited by Support on 05-08-2006 05:23 PM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,065 Views)
I don't know exactly what was wrong with the existing files but the new ones work fine!
Many thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,046 Views)