Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview pattern matching

I am trying to create a labview program that involves pattern matching. Is there any way to avoid using vision assistant? For example, when the computer opens an image, I would like a box to pop up that will allow me to create the pattern matching template in labview, save it, and then apply it to my other images. Basically, I want to avoid using multiple programs when using pattern matching. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,647 Views)

Sure.  All the tools are available in LabVIEW.  You will have to write your own code to do the interface, but it isn't difficult.  I think there is a VI that asks the operator to draw a ROI on an image, then use the IMAQ tools to turn the ROI into a pattern.  Look at the examples for pattern matching - they should have something very similar to what you are asking for.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
Message 2 of 11
(4,645 Views)

Is there an automated way to have the computer open a folder of images, run pattern matching on all of them, and then save the data? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,618 Views)

No. It is up to you to create an application that performs these actions.

You might want to investigate in the pattern match examples that come with labview. Part of the functionality you have mentioned is covered by these examples.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,615 Views)

There is a semi-automated way to do it.  Using Vision Assistant, you can use batch processing to run a script on a collection of images and save the results to a file.  I don't remember if you have to load the images first or if it will load images from a folder.  This might be close to what you want.

I checked, and batch processing can load a set of images from a folder.  It also can save the results to a file.  It sounds like it does everything you want except for start automatically.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,599 Views)

How do I find the batch processing option? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,587 Views)

Toolbar at the top:  Tools -> Batch Processing

or search help, silly.  That is what it is there for.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,582 Views)

Thanks. One other thing. How can I save the output from the pattern matching VI in labview to an Excel file?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,580 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,578 Views)

The simplest is probably to unbundle by name all the stuff you want to save.  Convert each item to a string, then wire the strings to a build array element.  Wire the array to Write Spreadsheet String.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,576 Views)