From Thursday, May 23rd (05:00 PM CDT) through Friday, April 24th (1:30 AM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

probe not showing an image

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I'm binarizing then cleaning up an image with two particle filter vi's. I use the 'Copy Image' vi before each operation and then display the image. When I put the probe tool on each image wire it shows something different to what is displayed in the images. Specifically, the probe images show all the particles removed while the displayed images show the results I expected after each processing step.

So here's my question: why are the probe images different to what the individual vi's are showing?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,686 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author another_novice

Hello,

your thresholded binary image has only two values - 0 and 1. There is practicaly no contrast between the pixels values. Your image display on the front panel probably has binary pallete enabled. So, right click on the image in the probe and select the binary pallete. Or try multiplying the image by a constant value (255 for u8 image).

Best regards,

K

https://decibel.ni.com/content/blogs/kl3m3n

"Kudos: Users may give one another Kudos on the forums for posts that they found particularly helpful or insightful."
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,682 Views)