Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webcam parameters - PropertyPage.vi doesn't work

Hi,

I am using ADS technologies webcam and NI-IMAQ for USB webcam (Labview, Vision 7.1) driver to run my application. It is necessary to set some webcam parameters (brightness, gama ...) the first time driver is installed (pictures attached). I tried calling PropertyPage.vi in order to do that, but it doesn't work - property dialog will pop-up (pictures attached) but no modification will be saved and there will be no effect on the picture grabbed by NI IMAQ USB driver.
If I use ADS's commercial application (TeVeo VIDio Suite) it will display the same settings dialogs but all changes will affect final picture (will be saved). I contacted ADS but they are not interested in helping me since TeVeo works (of course).

Does anybody know what might ne the issue here?

Thanks

similar question was posted couple of months time ago:

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,839 Views)
Hi Vlade,

There isn't really much we can do here on our end because the NI-IMAQ for USB Cameras driver is provided in an "as is" state and therefore is not supported.  However, since the IMAQ USB PropertyPage VI is calling an external DLL, you could try hooking into the DLL provided by ADS for their TeVeo application.  This will require some programming on your part, but is possible using the LabVIEW Call Library Function Node.  We have a number of examples of calling external DLLs from LabVIEW in one of our shipping examples.  You can find these examples by going to Help>>Find Examples and doing a search for "DLL".  The best program to start with is "Call DLL.vi". 

Also, since you are making calls to their dll you might be able to get some extra help from ADS.

As an alternative to our USB driver, if you have the budget our IEEE 1394 driver for Firewire cameras and an IEEE 1394 camera this driver is much more robust and is fully supported.

Best of Luck,
S. Arves S.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Message 2 of 2
(2,824 Views)