Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot see image of controls

Hello,

I am trying to use the NI WebForms to render a graph on my web page. But all I see is a box with a red X in it. I have already seen and tried the solutions in both 957567 and 972313 and I am still having problems.

This is the configuration I am running:

IIS: 7.5

Target: Web Application .NET 2.0

I already had an existing web application and I am trying to bring in the NI UI components.

Here is my web.config:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration>
   <appSettings>
      <add key="Site" value=""/>
   </appSettings>
   <connectionStrings>
   </connectionStrings>
   <system.web>
      <httpHandlers>
         <add path="ImageStateHandler.axd" verb="GET" type="NationalInstruments.UI.WebForms.ImageStateHandler, NationalInstruments.UI.WebForms, Version=9.0.20.292, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4544464cdeaab541" />
      </httpHandlers>
      <trace pageOutput="true"/>
      <compilation debug="true">
         <assemblies>
            <add assembly="NationalInstruments.Common.Native, Version=9.0.20.362, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4544464CDEAAB541"/>
            <add assembly="NationalInstruments.NiLmClientDLL, Version=9.0.20.362, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4544464CDEAAB541"/>
            <add assembly="NationalInstruments.Common, Version=9.0.20.362, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4544464CDEAAB541"/>
            <add assembly="NationalInstruments.UI, Version=9.0.20.292, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4544464CDEAAB541"/>
            <add assembly="NationalInstruments.UI.WebForms, Version=9.0.20.292, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4544464CDEAAB541"/>
            <add assembly="NationalInstruments.UI.Styles3D, Version=9.0.20.292, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4544464CDEAAB541"/>
         </assemblies>
      </compilation>
      <authentication mode="Forms"/>
      <pages>
         <controls>
            <add tagPrefix="ni" namespace="NationalInstruments.UI" assembly="NationalInstruments.UI, Version=9.0.20.292, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4544464cdeaab541"/>
            <add tagPrefix="ni" namespace="NationalInstruments.UI.WebForms" assembly="NationalInstruments.UI.WebForms, Version=9.0.20.292, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4544464cdeaab541"/>
         </controls>
      </pages>
   </system.web>
   <system.webServer>
      <validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false"/>
      <handlers>
         <remove name="ImageStateHandler"/>
         <add name="ImageStateHandler" preCondition="integratedMode" path="ImageStateHandler.axd" verb="GET" type="NationalInstruments.UI.WebForms.ImageStateHandler, NationalInstruments.UI.WebForms, Version=9.0.40.292, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4544464CDEAAB541"/>
      </handlers>
      <modules runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests="true"/>
   </system.webServer>
</configuration>

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Joel Maleport

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,681 Views)

Joel,

Have you tried getting any of the example files working, to see if its an issue with the code, or CVI iteself?

Regards,

Kyle Mozdzyn

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

Regards,

Kyle M.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,668 Views)

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the reply. I was able to get the example project working. I followed the steps in the Getting Started with Measurement Studio document. That all seemed to work.

Then when I tried to incorporate the functionality into my existing project I couldn't get it to work. The main difference between the two was that my existing project was started from the basic ASP.NET Web Site template while the example that worked was based on the NI ASP.NET Web Site template.

After repeated attempts I finally rebuilt my project from scratch using the NI template and imported all of my existing code from the project that wasn't working. That finally got things working. But I can't tell you what the difference was. Obviously there is something subtle that was going on there, but I couldn't find it.

So for now I have a working project, but I don't know what the root of the problem was.

Joel

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,664 Views)

Maleport,

Great to hear you got the project working. 

Have you done any line-by-line reviews between the two to see what was maybe happening? It would maybe be a time consuming task to compare, but would help us learn what the root cause was. 

Regards,

Kyle Mozdzyn

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

Regards,

Kyle M.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,650 Views)

Hi Kyle,

Yes, I tried looking through every file that was human readable. I read through the config files, the projects, the solution, but couldn't find what that small little difference was. I figure either I missed it or there is something in some binary file or setting that I don't know about.

Joel

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,647 Views)

Joel,

Would it be possible to upload both files to see if we could reproduce the behavior on our side, or are they a bit too complex to run on a different system/setup?

Regards,

Kyle Mozdzyn

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

Regards,

Kyle M.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,640 Views)

Hi Kyle,

Here is the .sln and the web.config. Please let me know if you needed a different file(s).

Joel

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,630 Views)

Joel,

I would ideally get the two separate files, each which shows the different behaviour. 

Regards,

Kyle Mozdzyn

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

Regards,

Kyle M.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,621 Views)

My apologies, I thought you wanted the project files to look at. I cannot provide executable files because they are tied to a database and I cannot share the files outside of Boeing for proprietary reasons.

If I'm completely off the mark about what you are asking for, please let me know.

Joel

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,615 Views)

Joel,

That was unfortunately what I was hoping to get ahold of. I understand if you cant share for IP reasons.

Either way, its great to hear you got the program working. 

Regards,

Kyle Mozdzyn

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

Regards,

Kyle M.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,607 Views)