Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deploy user controls containing licensed components?

Hi all,

I have a similar problem, manifesting itself in a different way!

This is the description:

I have an app devoplin in Vb.Net 2010 that uses some LED's from a liscenced copy of MS 2010 SP1. It works great on any computer that already has some MS dependent software installed but does not work on any other machine.

By not working, I mean the program does not even start when you double click its Icon. However, if I remove LED's the application will start and work as expected on any machine (but I need those! :D).

I tried setting the option of "Copy Local" of the NI extensions to True and it seems that some dlls have been added to the output of the project but doing so did not resolve my issue.

Also the problem exists for both the installation package (the program installs successfully but does not run) and for the binary files (If I copy the bin\debug folder to the target machine and run the applicaiton exe file directly.)

Is this even related to this issue? I am kind of Noob to both MS and VS and am not sure if I am missing something on the visual studio side. I am looking for your helpful hints/IM messages.

Thanks,

Hat

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(922 Views)

Hi Hat,

I don't think this is related to the same issue that others in this thread were having. Their issue was because of the way they were creating the controls.

Instead, your issue sounds like your target system does not have the NI dependencies installed on it. How are you creating your distribution of the application? Do you have NationalInstruments.UI.dll, NationalInstruments.UI.WindowsForms.dll, NationalInstruments.Common.dll, etc. on the target system?

Refer to Deploying Measurement Studio Windows Applications help topic for instructions on how to include NI dependencies with you installer.

National Instruments
Message 12 of 14
(904 Views)

Hi D_Biel,

Thanks for the reply,

Here are the list of .dll's that are deployed to the target machine:

NationalInstruments.UI.Design.dll

NationalInstruments.UI.dll

NationalInstruments.UI.Styles3D.dll

NationalInstruments.UI.WindowsForms.dll

So, I guess I also have to add "NationalInstruments.Common.dll" to the solution as well. What other .dll could be necessary? Also, do you think resolving the issues discussed here (problems building install shield) can be related?

----

After Edit:

I just checked the copy local property of "NationalInstruments.Common" in my project's references part. It seems that it is set to true but does not show up in the list of files that are created on the target machine after installation.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(894 Views)

We are experiencing this same issue when deploying our software package.  We are using Measurement Studio 2012 and are targeting the x86 platform.  The build machine is licensed and gives no errors or warnings regarding licensing.  I have also double checked the build output, and LC.exe runs, generates the .licenses file, and copies it to the target location for the C# compiler to use.

Has a work around been found yet, or is this still an active issue for deploying user controls?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(848 Views)