Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to measure RMS voltage in Measurement Studio (C#) using SCXI-1125

Hello,

I am working to measure RMS voltage from a 60Hz AC line using Measurement Studio in the C# language.  I have been unable to get this to work, and, I have not been able to measure RMS voltages using MAX either.  I attempted to create an RMS voltage channel.  However, an exception was thrown, saying that this channel is not compatible with the equipment I am using.  Here is the line from my code that failed:

analogInputTask.AIChannels.CreateVoltageRmsChannel("SC1Mod2/ai0", "V_L1", AITerminalConfiguration.Differential, -300, 300, AIVoltageAcrmsUnits.Volts);

When I create a regular voltage channel, I have no problem, and I have used DAQmx before without problems.  If anyone has measured AC RMS voltages using Measurement Studio, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

-Eric

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,262 Views)

Hello EricJay,

What terminal block are you using?  It may be possible that there is an incompatibility, but it could also simply be a configuration problem.

Knowing all of the equipment being used in this application will help in the search for a solution to this issue.

Regards,
Dan King

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,232 Views)

Hi Dan,

I am using an SCXI-1313A terminal block.

-Eric

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,229 Views)
Hello Eric,

In order to perform 300 Vrms measurements with the SCXI-1125 you have to use the SCXI-1327 terminal block.  Information on the measurement types and requirements of the SCXI-1125 can be found in the SCXI-1125 User Manual, Appendix A.  The SCX-1313A can only extend the range of the SCXI-1125 to 150 Vrms or 150 VDC.

Regards,
Dan King

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,220 Views)