ni.com checkout is currently experiencing issues.

Support teams are actively working on the resolution.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendering Bitmap in NI Graph

I want to render a image of a Tool on NI Graph. Can you suggest a way that how can I use measurment studio graph component to render a image in the center of a graph .

Basically ,I want to move the tool image as the Y -Axis changes.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,543 Views)
What are you trying to accomplish? What kind of 'tool' are you trying to render? With the waveform graph you suply a 1d array of y values that are regularly spaced on the x-axis. So that probably wouldn't work for you. Instead I would recommend using a scatter graph which will give you control of x and y data pairs. With either method of plotting if you wanted to "move" the image, you would have to clear the graph and redraw it.
Richard S -- National Instruments -- (former) Applications Engineer -- Data Acquisition with TestStand
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,525 Views)
Thanks for the reply . Actually its a "drilling tool" and we have to move it along the depth ( Y- axis ), as the depth vary tool will move.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,511 Views)
To make a drill, the most common thing i have seen, is to make a custom slider control and change the orientation to vertical, and replace the slider picture with that of a drill. You can check out this example on how to make a custom slider in C#: Color Slider . With this method it is easy to change the position of the drill using control get and set values.
Richard S -- National Instruments -- (former) Applications Engineer -- Data Acquisition with TestStand
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,497 Views)