Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ScatterGraph - zoom one axis only

Is there somthing built in to the ScatterGraph conrol that would allow me to programmitally zoom in, but only one axis?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,679 Views)

Hi Furmar,

To do this you will need to use the propery node for the XY graph.  For example to change the maximum value for the Y axis right click the graph on the block diagram and select Create >> Property Node >> Y Scale >> Range >> Maximum.    You can then place this property node down on the block diagram.  The property node will either be set to read or write.  You can tell this by the direction of the arrow next to the name of the property you are changing.  If it is facing out on the right hand side this means that the node is set to read, you need it to be set to write.  To change this right click on the node and select "Change to Write".  You should now see the arrow is facing in at the left.  You can now wire in the value of the maximum point on that scale.

Regards,

Thomas Clark

Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,657 Views)
ThomasC, thanks for taking the time to reply. Is your suggestion relevent to the "Measurement Studio for .NET Languages" sub-forum. I thought that "Propery nodes" was a LabView thing (tended to appear on my forum searches until Iused advanced mode to restrict the search location).
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,654 Views)

Hi Furmar,

Sorry about that!  I realised just after posting that I was in the Measurement Studio Forum!  I have been having a look around and there are a few forum threads that might help you.

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=232&message.id=7870&requireLogin=False

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=232&message.id=726&requireLogin=False

I hope I have understood your question correctly and that changing the axis ranges will give the desired result for your application.

Regards,

Thomas Clark

Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,652 Views)

Hellow Furmar,

Just to add to what ThomasC posted -

To zoom on one axis programmatically, it is typically sufficient to set the Range property of that axis to the minimum and maximum value that you want. This is demonstrated in the BasicModes example (under the examples directory, go to UI\WindowsForms\Graph\Axes\BasicModes. Code to do it would look like the following:

myGraph.XAxes[0].Range = new Range(10, 20);

Please let me know if this does not meet your needs, or if there is anything else we can clarify.

NickB

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,631 Views)