Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulating Channel Signals

Hello All!!

I am developing some data aquasition software that is working with DAQmx.  The hardware I am using is the NI cDAQ-9178 chassis with various modules.  The module I am currently setting up and working with in my software is the NI 9205 Voltage Analog module.  Currently I am using MAX to simulate the chassis with all the modules.  What I want to do is simulate some signals from this virtual hardware for my software to use.  Problem is that I do not know how to accomplish this.  Is there a way to generate some signals as a simulation? Or do I have to actually have the real proper hardware installed to generate some signals? Or is it best to create a custom signal generator of some kind for my software to couple to?  If this is what I need to do I will do it but was hoping to use MAX to accomplish this cause its a more realistic simulation if you will.  Thanks for any help you guys dish out!!

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,065 Views)

If you try to aquire using a simulated device the data that comes in is just a sine wave with some noise. 

Carl W.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,048 Views)

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,043 Views)