From 11:00 PM CDT Friday, May 10 – 02:30 PM CDT Saturday, May 11 (04:00 AM UTC – 07:30 PM UTC), ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI.WebForms.LED Displays in test website...does not display in production website

Hello,

I have an ASP.NET web application containing several WebForms.LED controls.  When running the web site within Visual Studio, all of the controls display properly.  However, after I publish the site to a production server, the controls are only partially visible (the caption appears, and the click interaction works properly).  The behavior occurs in both IE 10 and Chrome.  Could this be a bug in the LED control?  Here is a screen capture of both:

Good LED (Debug Website):

GoodLED.PNG

Bad LED (Live Website):

NoLED.PNG

Thank you for your assistance!!

-Eric

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,283 Views)

Hello Eric,

You may this this link:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372636F-01/mstudiowebhelp/html/deployingwebapps/

And be sure that you followed all the neccesary steps to deploy the web application, please check the topic on the link called:

Walkthrough: Deploying an ASP.NET Web Application Using XCOPY

Regards

Mart G

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,269 Views)

Hi Mart,

I checked all of the deployment settings and licenses (I am using WebDeploy to publish the site), and everything looks good.  The publish routine also added the "ImageStateHandler.axd" mapping required to render the elements.  From what I am seeing, the LED control is rendering, but only partially.  The background color and the caption (labeled "Station 1", "Station 2", etc.) are both rendered on the page.  However, the actual indicator portion of the control is not rendered.  I attempted to use another control (Gauge indicator) to compare, and it appears to have a rendering problem as well.  The spindle at the center of the gauge is missing.  It appears that the 3D elements of these objects are not rendering properly.  I can flatten them for now, but any idea as to what could be causing this behavior?

Gauge control with 3D spindle missing:

Gauge.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,249 Views)