Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the maximum number of plots a ScatterPlot can handle?

What is the maximum number of plots a ScatterPlot can handle? I have 3 plots, the has 358,647 plot points, the second has 1,031,635 and the third has 352,738 plots points. Then the number of point are reduced the web page renders the scatter plots correctly, but when I load the full sets, the web server goes into what appears to be a loop and never stops. I can only conclude that I am exceeding some unpublished maximum. Any insight into this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jerry Bailey

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,574 Views)

Hello, couple questions:

- What do you mean by goes into a loop that never stops?

- Are the plots not getting displayed?

- Could you post screen shots that show the behavior you are describing?

- Which version of Mstudio and Visual Studio are you using?

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,550 Views)

I monitored the server performance monitor, with no other web applications running, as soon as output of the PlotXY was added to the ScatterGraph control, thus leaving my code, the CPU on the server consistently went to 25%, I experience the same thing when running on Cassini, except it went to 50%. The process never completes and prohibits the server from responding to any other graphing request from the site. The plots are never rendered, the browser times out. There are no screen shots because nothing is displayed. This happens when the number of plot points exceed 2500, in the 10 - 75K range in a controlled test. Using release MS 8.0.20.334 and VS 2008.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,541 Views)

Any further word on this issue?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,498 Views)

Hello there,

I tried to reproduce this issue. But I was able to plot a million points without any hangs with multiple plots. But i noticed that if the LineWidth is greater than 1, then as the number of points increases, it takes long time to draw. See if the scatter plots have line width set to 2 or higher value. If so you could reduce it to 1 and try plotting again. Also, if you are plotting large number of points, set ScatterPlot.Antialised to false and ScatterPlot.LineWidth to 1.

If you still face this issue, please attach some sample appliacation that would reproduce this issue. This would help us more in rectifying this issue.

Vijet Patankar

National Instruments.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,482 Views)

Thank you for your reply.

I am using the ScatterGraph web control and I am plotting points and not drawing lines. My line width is set to 0 and my point size set to a new Size(2,2). When I plot anything in the 20K point range the process never returns with a plot and it prohibits other sites running on the save server and instance of IIS from getting responses.

What can I provide that would help in working this issue.

Thanks Very Much

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,477 Views)