Milwaukee LabVIEW Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to hire a LabVIEW expert!

I'm looking to hire a LabVIEW expert - I'd love to hear from you if you are interested!  

CFR Engines, Inc. is a leading manufacturer known for its commitment to innovation, quality, and excellence in the petroleum fuel testing sector. We take pride in our cutting-edge technology and dedication to delivering top-notch products to our customers worldwide. As we continue to expand, we are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Electromechanical Design Engineer to join our team in Pewaukee, WI and contribute to our continued success!

This position is responsible for identifying state of the art electrical control systems and applying the technology to the breadth of product offerings at CFR Engines, Inc. The engineer is responsible for identifying opportunities, building conceptual prototypes, testing and validating the concept, bringing the product into full production, and following up with a critical review. Part of this process is to build credibility with distributors, end users, and national organizations both domestically and internationally through interactions at customer sites and organizational meetings throughout the year.

Typical Duties/Essential Job Functions:

· Collaborate with Mechanical Engineering team in development of automated systems.

· Work closely with team members on conceptual design layout, vendor interaction, prototyping, testing, and performance characterization.

· Conduct feasability testing and contribute to failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA) and qualification of systems.

· Create detailed design documentation; including schematics, drawings, and specifications.

· Assist with new product development (NPD) process.

· Perform data analysis utilizing DOE, SPC, and FMEA tools regularly throughout product life cycle.

· Schedule, develop agendas, facilitate and document project meetings.

· Clearly communicate technical details, ideas, and concepts to engineers and non-engineers alike.

· Exhibit vision and foresight to test the extremes of a design and guide team members through well thought out, logical test regimes.

· Strive to meet market driven design guides and fulfill cost, timing, reliability, and manufacturing requirements.

· Identify project risks and implement risk reduction plans.

· Interact with manufacturing plants and outside suppliers to achieve project goals.

· Analyze project requirements and perform technical calculations supporting design

· Define support equipment, fixtures, test methods, and parts from external suppliers.

· Support the manufacture, build and validation of systems.

· Make engineering changes as necessary and document the amendments accordingly.

· Provide high quality pre-sale, design-in, and post-sales technical support to customers.

· Protect CFR’s value by keeping information confidential.

· Perform cross-functional analysis and lead special projects as requested.

Education and Experience Qualifications:

· A BS/MS/PhD in electrical or mechanical engineering with 5 years of experience in electro-mechanical equipment development (automation preferred).

· Strong experience with LabVIEW programming or equivalent languages for process control, data acquisition, and machine controls.

· Expertise in process automation, system integration, equipment development and programming.

· Familiar with six-sigma techniques, e.g., design for manufacturability/reliability (DFx), SPC, GR&R.

· Experience in data acquisition on internal combustion engine platforms is desirable.

· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software.

· Working knowledge of MRP (preferably Epicor) is desirable.

· Travel within the US and international is required to support projects.

Effective project management skills. Strong written and presentation communication skills. Strong work ethic complemented by a positive, can-do attitude. Strong participative skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a sensitivity to people required. Must be able to conduct detailed analyses and recognize when to seek appropriate expertise to achieve the desired results. Active curiosity—must enjoy gathering and digging deeply into data to identify issues and solve problems. Ability to thrive in a progressive, results-driven organization. Proven track record executing projects.

Please submit your resume to mckenna.bushman@cfrengines.com with the subject line "Electromechanical Design Engineer Application." We look forward to reviewing your application and considering you for this exciting opportunity at CFR Engines Inc.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,485 Views)

I've been contacted by five different recruiters over the last year for this job at CFR Engines and they haven't hired anybody.  I told them what it would take to bring me away from my current employment and they turned it down.  I'm guessing they have unrealistic expectations when it comes to salary.

Just my opinion.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,472 Views)