Minneapolis LabVIEW User Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW User Group Info for Thursday, March 8th

LabVIEW Users,

I have been a little bit slow getting out the email about this week's topics for the LabVIEW User Group Meeting, so first off, I apologize for the delay in getting this out to you.  However, I noticed that even without any idea what you are signing up to learn about, 17 of you have already signed up anyway.  I appreciate the trust, and you won't be disappointed, as one of this weeks presentations is an award winning one (literally).

With that said, I am excited about both topics that we are going to cover on Thursday.  Both should help you to make more professional applications with LabVIEW.  One will focus on code layout, and one will focus on user interface creation.  First up we will have Tim Au from Optimation Technology.  Tim is a Certified LabVIEW Architect, and he will be presenting on best practices for memory management in LabVIEW.  Careful decisions about how you lay out your block diagram in LabVIEW can really improve the overall performance of your LabVIEW applications, and this should be applicable to almost all LabVIEW Users.  The second topic, is an award winning one.  The Minneapolis User Group was proud to have the example program of one of its members, Mark Ridgley, selected as a Top Code Example of 2011 by National Instruments. Mark will be going over his example, Splash Screen Effect in LabVIEW, and will also cover additional methods for creating professional User Interface features in LabVIEW.

This weeks meeting will again be at  Broadway Pizza in Northeast Minneapolis.  The meeting will be held in the basement meeting room.  We will be starting at 5:00 and will be going until 7:00pm.  National Instruments will be providing food and soda for the meeting.

In addition to the topics above, there will also be time for questions and answers, open discussion of LabVIEW topics, and networking.  Please sign up at the link below so that we have a semi accurate count for purchasing food:

http://sine.ni.com/nievents/app/offering/p/offeringId/956873/site/nic/country/us/lang/en

For those that haven't attended previously, the LabVIEW User Group Meetings have been very successful over the last year, and we would welcome you to join us.  The meetings have offered a good mix of learning and fun, and are appropriate for  virtually any LabVIEW User. This month's meeting would be a great time to join us for the first time, or invite friends and co-workers to attend.

I also wanted to mention the Minnesota LabVIEW User Group website: www.ni.com/minneapolis .  We will be using this site to post information and share content about the LabVIEW User Group, please follow the link to see the site and join.

I hope to see you all on Thursday

-Jed

Full Details:

What: LabVIEW User Group Meeting

When: Thursday, March 8th  from 5:00pm - 7:00pm

Where:  Broadway Pizza

2025 West River Rd N

Minneapolis, Minnesota 55411

Who is presenting, and what will be covered:

Improving LabVIEW Performance: Best Practices for Memory Management

Tim Au, Optimation Technology

Tim Au is a Systems Integrator for Optimation Technology. He graduated from the University of Texas with an Electrical Engineering degree, and has his Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA), Certified Public Instructor (CPI), and Certified LabWindows/CVI Developer (CCVID) Certifications from National Instruments. He has been making custom test and automation systems using LabVIEW and NI hardware for 4 years and will be presenting ways to increase LabVIEW application performance using memory management techniques.

Make A Splash in LabVIEW - Top Code Example for 2011: Splash Screen Effect in LabVIEW

Mark Ridgley, Logic PD

Mark Ridgley is a Senior Test Development Engineer at Logic PD.  He is a Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD), and has been an instructor for LabVIEW Core 1 & 2 at Anoka Technical College for over a decade.  Last year, one of the pieces of code that Mark shared with the NI Community, Splash Screen Effect in LabVIEW, was honored as a Top Code Example for the year.  Mark will cover how he created is award winning example, and will also cover useful tips for creating professional user interfaces in LabVIEW.

What should I do next:  

1. Sign up >>  http://sine.ni.com/nievents/app/offering/p/offeringId/956873/site/nic/country/us/lang/en

2. Forward this to anyone who might be interested

3. Attend

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(6,323 Views)