Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview code for NI7772

The following is the set up for the entire motion control,  I need to find a way to control two AKM54H motors using labview, is there any similar labview code examples for this?

setup.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(6,418 Views)

Hello CKH,

If you look in the NI Example Finder (From the "Help" menu > "Find Examples..."), look under "Hardware Input and Output" > "Motion Control" > "NI 73xx" you can look in one of those folders for an example to modify. I looked under "Arc Move" and picked "Two-Axis Circle with Position Monitor" VI. In the Requirements window on the bottom right of the NI Example Finder it should list the compatible 73xx models for each example.

Let me know if you need any clarification.

Best Regards,

Nathan B

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(6,401 Views)

Hi Nathan B,

Thank you for the info, I checked the example on labview 2011, but I didn't see any "motion control" under "Hardware Input and Output", Could use attached the vi examples here instead? My PCI card is NI 7342.

Thank you

CKH

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(6,366 Views)

Hello CKH,

I would be happy to post the example for you but it may just be easier, and necessary, for you to get the motion drivers first. The motion examples should be in that location once you have the drivers installed, and will probably be needed to run the examples.

You can download them here.

Let me know how that works for you.

Best Regards,

Nathan B

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(6,346 Views)

Hi Nato3,

I downloaded NI motion and installed it, but I still don't see the examples. And I also tried the examples that are saved in the ni motion folder advanced, I still not be able to open the VI code properly. I have to do the ignore all button in order to open up the program, but lots of icons are missing. I did update the firmware for PCI 7340, though.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(6,336 Views)

Hi CKH,

Do the motion VI's in the functions palette show up? They should be in Vision and Motion > NI 73xx. If they are not there, then something has gone wrong after the installation of the Motion drivers.

You can also check Measurement and Automation Explorer, under the software section, to see which version of NI-Motion you have installed (such as 8.3).

Best Regards,

Nathan B

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(6,327 Views)

The vision and motion is empty, and I installed the 8.3 version from using the link you provided. Should I try to re-install Ni-motion?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(6,315 Views)

Hi CKH,

I would suggest installing it again. Which version of LabVIEW do you have? Make sure you are getting the correct version of NI-Motion for your LabVIEW version, and you can check that here.

If you need to go back to a newer driver, you will likely have to uninstall the current version and then install the correct version.

Best Regards,

Nathan B

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(6,310 Views)

Hi, Nato3,

I intalled version 8.3. Could you provide me the link for the newest version, so I can re-install and make sure this is correct. IThe computer is a Win7 64-bit.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(6,307 Views)

Hi Nato3,

Could you teach me how to remove the Ni-motion? I thought there is a remove function if I run the installation program again, but I was wrong.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(6,303 Views)