NI PCI-7334 motion control board

NI UMI 7774 splitter board

3 x NI P70530 Drives

3 x NI CTP12ELF10MAA00 Stepper Motors

3 x Power supply units for drives

LabVIEW 2010

NI Motion Assistant 2.6

Motion and Automation Explorer 4.7

I have built a three axis motion system that I am trying to configure with labview. After verifying that everything was set up correctly, I opened MAX, updated the firmware to my motion control board, and intitialized the controller. Since then, I have created many basic programs using the Motion Assistant Software to test the movement of my device. Everything works fine while using the Motion Assistant software (I have three axis movement, multidirectional control, and can perform various straight line and arc moves). My problems begin when I try to use the code generation feature.

When trying to use the code generation feature to output a labview diagram, I run into a problem where a dialog box pops up and says "Find the vi named ...."

Some examples of the names that come up are: Configure Vector Space.flx, Vector Space To Control.flx, Motion Error Handler.flx.

To be clear the program in Motion Assistant that I am trying to export to LabVIEW code is composed of two individual steps. One that tells X,Y, and Z motors to move forward 25 revolutions, and one step that tells them to move backwards 25 revolutions.

I have made many other programs in Motion Assistant that run fine, but I always receive similar errors when trying to use the code generation feature to export to LabVIEW. Is there something that I can do to solve my problem?

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,314 Views)

Hi Paul,

Would you mind posting an example that does this?

Also what version of NI-Motion are you running?

Joe Daily
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

may the G be with you ....
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,306 Views)

Hi Joe,

I am using Ni-Motion Assistant 2.6, Ni-Motion 8.1, and Motion and Automated Explorer version 4.7.

The code I posted is supposed to tell Axis 1 to move 40 revolutions at 400 rpm. It works fine in Ni-Motion Assistant but when I try to generate a LabVIEW diagram I receive the following error, "Find the VI named 'Motion Error Handler.flx'". I have had it search my directory, as well as the disk that I installed both LabVIEW and Ni-Motion but no luck. Thanks for your help.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,300 Views)

Paul,

It looks like you're missing some standard VIs that install with the NI Motion drivers.  Here is where the"Motion Error Handler.flx" should be located on your palette:

Motion Error Handler.png

The other VIs you mentioned should also be located within the motion palettes.  I would suggest reinstalling NI-Motion if you don't see these VIs.  Let us know how it goes.

Zach C.
Field Engineer
Greater Los Angeles

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,292 Views)