Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Softmotion won't enable my drive for control?? What can be done to enable drive?

I'm using a 9512 stepper control module to control a motor through a third party drive (GeckoDrive G213V) and the problem I've hit with using softmotion is that I can't get a "Drive Enabled" state from the softmotion VIs, examples, express VIs for some reason.  I can control the motor directly with a digital out card so it is something in the softmotion to enable the motor.

I've followed all instructions, examples, getting started guides for softmotion already with this stepper but none seem to enable the drive.  Is there an actual sequence of IO feedback required to enable it ot any other digital IO needed to have a drive enabled signal? 

I've got my motor hooked up with the STEP, DIRECTION, COMMON only.  Is there any required stepper input line to detect the drive enable or can this be manually overriden somehow in softmotion?  I'm stuck, and don't want to write my own motion control algorithsm for position, velocity and accelleration obviously.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,828 Views)

Hi Mike_King,

You mentioned you have followed instruction/getting started guides already. Which resources have you been looking at? Have you seen this guide: Getting Started with NI 951x C Series Modules and LabVIEW.

On page 14 of the guide it discusses ensuring the Axis Enabled and Enable Drive on Transition to Active Mode are checked. Have you tried this? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,791 Views)