Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yaskawa MECHATROLINK Driver

I have version 9 (2009) of LabVIEW. We I load the Yaskawa MECHATROLINK Driver for LabVIEW Version 1.2.9, it says that it can not find LabVIEW Runtime 8.2.

Is there a new LabVIEW driver for Yaskawa MECHATROLINK that is compatible with LabVIEW 2009?

How do I get the LabVIEW driver for Yaskawa MECHATROLINK to work wit LabVIEW 2009?

THANKS.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,294 Views)

Hi dbaechtel

I know this is a Mechatrolunk-II Driver for LabVIEW 8.6. You can find this driver at the page listed below:

http://www.yaskawa.com/site/Products.nsf/products/Multi-Axis%20Motion%20Controllers~mechatrolinkIIdriverLV.html

If the driver does not work you can try performing a mass compile on the componenets and bring this up to LV 2009.

Thank You
Eric Reid
National Instruments
Motion R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,284 Views)

@Eric_R wrote:

Hi dbaechtel

I know this is a Mechatrolunk-II Driver for LabVIEW 8.6. You can find this driver at the page listed below:

http://www.yaskawa.com/site/Products.nsf/products/Multi-Axis%20Motion%20Controllers~mechatrolinkIIdriverLV.html

If the driver does not work you can try performing a mass compile on the componenets and bring this up to LV 2009.

I do not have source for the driver and it won't install under LabIEW 2009, so I don't know how to "try performing a mass compile on the componenets and bring this up to LV 2009".

Can you suggest a way that I can do this?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,282 Views)

The page you referenced at yaskawa.com says "

Sorry, the page you requested was not found."
Can you provide another URL?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,281 Views)

Sorry the link did not copy all the way, the driver link is here, and the support link for the driver is here. Since it sounds like the driver is not broken down into individual components a mass compile will not work. My recommendation if the 8.6 driver does not work is to contact Yaskawa and see if they have any plans for a 9.0 or if they can provide you the source code for it so you can perform the mass compile. Please let us know on these forums your findings and if you do get a driver for 9.0 we would all appreciate it if you could attach it to the post.

Thank You
Eric Reid
National Instruments
Motion R&D
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,266 Views)