cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 acquisition tasks at 2 different frequencies

Solved!
Go to solution

Good morning ,

I am looking for solutions to make acquisitions on analog inputs at different frequencies, I found that on the NI site that CompactDAQ Technology allows what I want to do, I have an NI USB 6212 card I would like to know is it what I could connect the compact daq chassis with my card or I also need C series modules.
Thank you in advance for your answer

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(141 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ameletudiante99

cDAQ allows more than one hardware-timed AI task, but you need C series modules. Reference: Number of Concurrent Tasks on a CompactDAQ Chassis Gen II 

USB-6212 unfortunately only supports one hardware-timed AI task (Number of Parallel DAQmx Tasks on NI Multifunction Devices). The only option you have is to acquire all channels using one sampling rate and do downsampling. See Sample Channels at Different Rates with Multifunction DAQ Device

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(101 Views)
Solution

@ameletudiante99 wrote:

Good morning ,

I am looking for solutions to make acquisitions on analog inputs at different frequencies, I found that on the NI site that CompactDAQ Technology allows what I want to do, I have an NI USB 6212 card I would like to know is it what I could connect the compact daq chassis with my card or I also need C series modules.
Thank you in advance for your answer

Why not capture at the highest frequency feasibly and down sample in software?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(99 Views)
Solution

GOOD MORNING ,
yes that's what I did, I just need to write a report on the possibility of acquiring data at different frequencies but I have never worked with a compact daq device.
Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(74 Views)